Self Care Ideas! Welcome to my Self Care Sunday routine! I like to spend about an hour on myself every Sunday! Sometimes I spend a little more, sometimes I spend A LOT less, but I generally believe that I need to spend some time each week recharging myself so I can give 100% in all the areas of my life!
For those of you who do not know, I am a girl who works full time, goes to school full time, and I am now trying to manage a blog (wow). With work and school, I am in a position where I serve other people, assisting with behaviors and listening to other people’s problems (and I really give props to people who have children in my program: I don’t know how you do it!) But I feel like the more time I spend on myself outside of these areas of my life, the better I am when I am working and completing hours for school.
Disclaimer: Ventures of Megan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com by clicking on and buying products from this site.
My Self Care Routine: Step By Step
- I like to start out my moment of self-care by lighting a candle! I’ve been lighting a snowy pine candle EVERY DAY! I love it so much, it smells like Christmas! (I also got it from Walmart, but I’m not sure if they make it anymore – I got it on clearance!)
- I get into cozy PJs and my slippers & I put on some good tunes! I’ve been listening to this rock playlist a lot!
- I have been doing face masks during my me-time here recently! I feel like my skin is really showing a difference! (Also I would show you some masks I love, but I wouldn’t recommend the one in the picture! I normally get mine at Marshall’s so it’s typically a different one each time!
- While I am doing the facemask, I love to sip on sleepy time tea! I typically get the stress-relieving and immune-boosting ones!
- If I have more time, I will watch a netflix movie (or now that it’s Christmas time, I will watch a Hallmark movie)! I also really enjoy reading! If I have less time, I will work on homework during this time!
I have been loving Jordan Lee Dooley’s Book, Own Your Everyday! I am about halfway through it, and it is my current self-care night read!
I know my routine isn’t crazy, but I don’t feel like a routine should be! This is the first of many of my #SelfCareSunday series on the blog! I feel like self-care is so important – it’s like your fuel for the week! It is important to find healthy, sustainable ways to really take care of yourself!
Thank you for reading this post! If you want to hear more about me and my blog, click here!