Easy Wallpaper DIY | I’m kicking off my “Merry Mondays” on my blog with this super easy (and INEXPENSIVE!!!) wallpaper DIY! I feel like this DIY looks so cozy in my small bedroom and it gives a subtle hint of Christmas (depending on the pattern you choose!)
(Disclaimer: Ventures of Megan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com)
Merry Mondays! I will be posting Christmas -themed posts every Monday until Christmas! If you want more Christmas-themed decor, fashion, etc. please be sure to check it out!
If you want to see my reading nook before I decorated for Christmas, click here!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- A few rolls of your favorite wrapping paper (the amount depends on how much wall space you would like to cover)
- Command hooks for posters! (I got mine for free through my apartment complex last year, but you can buy them on Amazon here!!
- A pair of scissors
- A blank wall
how to hang the wallpaper
I started from the bottom up because I knew that I did not want to run the wallpaper all the way up to my ceiling! I started at the bottom because I wanted to keep it straight without having to measure it! (If I would’ve been thinking before I hung it up, I would have aligned the trees where my wallpaper met, but it doesn’t really bother me so I kept it!)
- Estimate the length of wrapping paper that you will need. Fold it at the end of the wall and cut it.
- Stick 4-6 command hooks to the back of the wrapping paper, starting from the area of the wall that is most visible. (I found that it was easiest to stick about 1 foot of wrapping paper at one time)
- Stick the wallpaper to the wall, making sure to keep it straight with the baseboards/doorframes.
- Repeat this process until your wall is covered!
This was a super fun project that took me less than 30 minutes to complete! I found that it was a super quick, cute, and inexpensive way to change up my space!
Thank you so much for reading! If you’re new here & want to learn more about me, click here!