Welcome! If you’re new here, I’m glad to have ya (buckle up because it’s about to get fun) and to anyone who has been with me for the ride thus far, I’m glad you’ve made it haha. Today I’m sharing Blake and I’s trip kayaking in Matlacha, Florida! We had such a fun time exploring the island, and I’m so excited to share it with you!
(If you’re like me and just wanna skip straight to the video, click here, if you’re a trooper, keep on trucking because it’s good).
Let me just say that I cannot imagine life with kids, because Blake and I started out yesterday (just like almost every other adventure we go on) about an hour and a half behind schedule. We had loose ideas for the morning that ultimately went out the window, and we started out our day with some super greasy tater tots from Sonic and a nice little car ride. We spent most of the morning just walking around the little tourist shops taking in the “Matlacha” atmosphere and waiting for the weather to heat up until it would be warm enough to kayak. Yup you heard that right – we are in Florida and it was too cold to kayak. Uh. Huh.
So I realized while I was on the island that I forgot to bring sandals, and towels, and I thought that maybe if someone was wanting to be a little more prepared than I was on this trip, they would enjoy a little list of things I should have brought on the trip and missed or did bring on the trip and was thankful for. SOO here ya go:
5 Things You Cannot Go Kayaking Without:
- Cheap Flip Flops – But don’t worry, if you don’t bring some, the local dollar general will sell dollar flip flops that fall apart as soon as you take the tags off of them.
- Towels – Just to dry off a little. Honestly, I feel like I didn’t miss this one as much as B did, because I did make sure to bring:
- A full change of extra clothes – If you’re going to be driving longer than 10-15 minutes home, you might not want to be *all* crunchy coming back home. This is why you want the whole change and not just an extra shirt or something.
- A Speaker – Unless you’re really trying to be still and summon the wildlife, a speaker can add a little jazz to your trip. (Me? I’m over here constantly paddling my boat to keep the fish away haha)
- Some Drinks and Some Snacks – The amount of food to bring obviously is determined by how long you’ll be out, but as a true foodie, just know that you’ll never say “man I wish I didn’t bring food on the water”
They didn’t make the list but sunscreen and sunglasses. Always.
Video From Kayaking in Matlacha, Florida
Here is the video from our day yesterday, kayaking in Matlacha, Florida! We rented our kayaks from a super cool place called Gulf Coast Kayak. The guys were super friendly and helpful in pointing us toward a path that was some-what out of the wind!
Thank You SO MUCH for following along! Be sure to stay tuned for the next adventure update! (Want to see more? Click here to view all Adventure posts to date!)
See Ya Soon,